Open position for one (1) Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Patras, School of Medicine
The Research Committee of the University of Patras announces a call of interest for one postdoctoral fellow to participate in the research project “Integrated functional analysis of FRA10AC1, the chromosomal fragile site 10A causative gene» “FRA-SYS” (ARISTEIA II 4072 – Code Number: D.954) at the Laboratory of General Biology School of Medicine, University of Patras (Principal Investigator: Prof. N.K. Moschonas) co-funded by the European Union (European Social Fund) and the Greek State under the "ARISTEIA II" Action of the "OPERATIONAL PROGRAMME EDUCATION AND LIFELONG LEARNING".http://research.upatras.gr/
• Position description: Development and molecular phenotyping of a Fra10Ac1 knock-out mouse model.
• Deliverables: (1) The mouse model with the Fra10Ac1 gene inactivated (knock-out mouse); (2) Report concerning the molecular phenotype analysis of the model.
• Contract Duration: Starting date: (upon the approval of General Secretariat of Research & Technology), ending date: July 31, 2015.
• Budgeted total cost: 13600 € (gross)
• Type of Contract: Temporary
• Status: Full-time
• City: University of Patras, University Campus, Rio, Patras
1. University Degree in Genetics or Molecular Biology: 0-100 points (100 points for first class honors)
2. PhD in Medical Genetics or Molecular Medicine or Genomics: On/Off criterion
3. Publications and other activities record in related fields: Points/publication:30xIF/number of co-authors; Points/Conference report:10/ international conference; 5 points/national report; Points/Invited talk: 20
Points/patent: 50/international patent; 20/EU-GR patent
4. Experience in a broad spectrum of technologies, i.e. mammalian genetic analysis, molecular, cell biology and recombinant DNA methods; handling and analysis of knock-out mouse models: Long (8+ years): 60 points; Sufficient (4-8 years): 40 points; Moderate (3-4 years): 20 points; Short (less than 3 years): 0 points
5. Participation in financed research projects: International grant: 20 points/grant; National grant: 15 points/grant
6. English language: Excellent: 50 points; Very good: 30 points; Good: 10 points
7. Interview: Excellent: 25; Very Good: 15; Good: 5
The application should consist of:
Brief statement of interest; Full CV; Copies of certificates/transcripts from undergraduate (BSc), graduate (PhD) & English language studies; Copies of publications, conference abstracts, patent abstracts; letters of recommendation (optional)
Submission (personally or by mail):
To apply, mail all the necessary documents to: Research Committee, University of Patras, University Campus, 26504, Rio, Patras, Greece, until: Jan 7, 2015. Please, mention the Code Number of the research project, i.e.: D.954, the name of the Principal Investigator (Prof. N.K. Moschonas), and the Position (postdoctoral fellow).
The above mentioned qualifications will be graded by an evaluation committee coordinated by Prof. N. K. Moschonas. Candidates may be invited for an interview (in person of by Skype), if deemed necessary. The selected candidate will be notified personally regarding the success of his/her application and will be requested to submit certified copies of his/her degrees. In the event that the documents submitted to not agree with the original application the candidate will be dismissed. This publication confers the right to submit an objection to the results within three (3) days of posting of the evaluation results. It also confers the right to access other candidates' application data and evaluation forms in accordance with the rules of 4163‐1/06.07.2012 document of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
For additional information, please contact Prof. N.K. Moschonas, Lab. of General Biology, School of Medicine, University of Patras, tel.: 2610-997602, e-mail: email@example.com….