A postdoctoral position is available in the Laboratory of Molecular Biology of Microorganisms at the Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute (Wroclaw, Poland). The position will be associated with the project entitled “Building bacterial orisome on bipartite origins – structural, functional and regulatory aspects of the process based on the analysis of initiation of Helicobacter pylori chromosome replication” founded by National Science Center (Poland). The position is available for two years (starting in February/March 2015).
Our current research addresses the molecular aspects of initiation of chromosome replication in bacteria, with a special interest in H. pylori and other epsilonproteobacteria. We have a long-standing experience and strong collaborations which help us to decipher the orisome formation in the context of structure and regulation.
The overall goal of the postdoctoral project will be to elucidate the regulation mechanisms of orisome formation in H. pylori, including the factors driven by environmental conditions.
Application deadline is 5th of January 2015. You may apply via e-mail or post to Anna Zawilak-Pawlik, Microbiology Department, Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute, Weigla 12, 53-114 Wroclaw, Poland (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you.
Desired skills and experience
• a Ph.D. degree in Cell/Molecular Biology or related discipline
• strong background in cell biology/molecular biology, especially molecular biology of microorganisms
• experience in cell biology/molecular biology, especially in techniques useful in detecting protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions
• no contraindication to the work with radioactivity
• fluency in English
• background and experience in molecular aspects of bacterial pathogenesis and bacteria-host interactions
• background and experience in bioinformatics
• experience in work with radioactivity
Application should cointain:
• motivation letter
• description of scientific experience
• list of publications and conference abstracts
• certified copy of PhD diploma
• letters of recommendation…