A new research group in the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences is seeking a full-time postdoc who is interested in developing mathematical and computational models in order to understand mechanisms of biological regulation.
Our research uses systems biology in order to answer fundamental questions in gene regulation and other cellular processes. We combine high-throughput single-cell measurements with mathematical models in order to learn the precise molecular mechanisms that underlie specific cellular processes. This is a young and dynamic lab in a new and exciting field.
Position responsibilities and requirements:
• The postdoc will have primary responsibility for developing and mathematical models and in fitting these models to data.
• Knowledge of biology is not required, but affinity for the subject is preferred.
• A PhD in physics, math, computer science, statistics, quantitative economics or a similar field is required.
• Programming experience is required, experience with Matlab is preferred.
• At least one first author publication during a previous postdoc is required
• A previous postdoc outside of Spain is a requirement set by the funding agency.
For a list of publications from the lab, see here: http://goo.gl/2ZMuwA…