The CRG, the Centre for Genomic Regulation, is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, whose mission is to discover and advance knowledge for the benefit of society, public health and economic prosperity.
The breadth of topics, approaches and technologies at the CRG permits a broad range of fundamental issues in life sciences and biomedicine to be addressed. Research at the CRG falls into four main areas: gene regulation, stem cells and cancer; cell and developmental biology; bioinformatics and genomics; and systems biology.
With more than 350 scientists from 41 countries, the CRG excellence is based on an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies.
The centre's other main strategic goals are: to translate basic scientific findings into benefits for health and economic value for society; to provide advanced and excellent training to our scientists; and to communicate and establish a bilateral dialogue with society.
For further information: www.crg.eu
Mission of the role
The CRG is looking for a talented computational post-doc interested in joining Gene Function and Evolution laboratory group at the CRG Barcelona to perform large-scale analyses of protein-nucleic acids interactions.
Mission of the laboratory
A detailed information about the lab research interests could be found at http://www.tartaglialab.com and related web-links. Keywords: ribonucleoprotein networks, montecarlo optimisation, physico-chemical properties, iCLIP, PAR-CLIP, RIP, SHAPE, PARS, PCR and high-troughput sequencing.
• PhD in the following areas: Biochemistry, Physics and Biology
Technical skills required:
• Experience on computational models for prediction of protein / RNA or DNA interactions.
• Scripting skills and ability to interact with experimentalists are fundamental requirements.
• Acquaintance with methods for studying protein and RNA folding
Additional beneficial skills:
• Knowledge of molecular dynamics will be positively valued.
• Fluent level of English
• A highly motivated and organized candidate
• Capable of working in group, and with a high degree of work autonomy
• Personal ambition to develop into an independent investigator during the course of projects.
• Duration: 1 year renewable contract up to 3 years
• Estimated annual gross salary: A competitive salary will be provided.
• Starting date: Immediate incorporation
We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, providing the successful applicant with unique opportunities to develop a strong technical portfolio.
All applications must include:
1. A presentation letter addressed to PhD Gian G. Tartaglia.
2. A full CV including contact details.
All applications must be addressed to PhD Gian G. Tartaglia and be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com. Please include as email subject the reference “Post-doc. Protein Interactions analyses”.
Deadline: Please submit your application by January the 11th of 2015
Centre de Regulació Genòmica (CRG)
Doctor Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona (Spain)…