• Identify patient's/family's psychosocial concerns that affect patientcare management and interact with patient/family/interdisciplinary teamto facilitate the patient care process. • Improve patient and/or family understanding of and adjustment to themedical diagnosis to maximize benefits of medical intervention andenhance patient/family functioning throughout the course of illness.Ensure that the patient/family is involved in all phases of the patientcare process. • Provide short term crisis intervention counseling for patient/family. • Participate in the provision of emotional support to thepatient/family during patient's hospital stay. • Coordination of services for patients/families during admission withpatient services, nurses, treating doctor and physiological services(when needed) • Maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics accordingto professional and Hospital standards. • Facilitate discharge planning and acts as a liaison betweenindividual, family, and community. • Assess patient's/family's adaptation to patient illness and ability toprovide for patient's care needs. • Monitor, evaluate, and record patient’s progress according tomeasurable goals described in treatment and care plan. • Be part of the multidisciplinary patient rounding • Create agreements with adoption agencies in order to provide adoptioncheck up’s and adoption counseling to parents to be. • Develop, organize and implement individual/group methods and whenclinically indicated, provides counseling/therapy for individuals andfamilies. • Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with allmembers of the team. • Communicate and collaborate with the team to ensure that carecoordination needs of assigned patients are met without duplication ofefforts • Maintain and promote customer satisfaction. • Develop training sessions for the patient services team and workclosely on training sessions with the nursing education group for thenursing team • Organize and perform work effectively and efficiently. • Maintain and adjust schedule to enhance team performance. Flexibilitytake variety of shifts, including weekends based on the department need. • Utilize critical thinking skills to achieve good outcomes • Be alive to new ideas which could benefit the hospital and seekopportunities to continually improve the patient experience. • Advocate for the patient to ensure quality outcomes. • Assist patient services manager and director on projects and newinitiatives. • Maintain good working relations and demonstrate positive interpersonalrelations with all departments and all hospital staff. • Participate in the different initiatives going on in the hospital • Attend meetings as required. • Other tasks that are allotted by management.
Other duties performed
• Interact with patients with any issue ,answer patient inquires andassist patient when required with any issue
• Answer phone calls related to the patient services issues or help withany other requests ( Lab test results, medication refill ,billing issues, medical records copies .etc)
• Assist in scheduling appointments including all satellite clinics
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of hospital charges /discounts /packages/facilities /special events etc.
• Assist patients by booking airlines tickets ,hotel rooms and providingpatient and visitors with local knowledge they may request.
• Ensure that comments and complaints are properly logged and acted uponby trying to avoid any patient leaving the hospital dissatisfied.Solicit assistance from the Patient Services Manager or uppermanagement when needed .
• Communication and collaborate with the team to ensure that carecoordination needs of assigned patients are met without duplication ofefforts .
• Support and back up any duties preformed in the team as needed 任职条件 Qualifications:
• Bachelor level degree from an accredited college or university.Licensure at the LSW level • 3-5 years related working experience
• Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Speaking clearly to communicate withpatients, families, physicians and staff regarding patient’s conditionand care. Must be able to communicate and be literate in the EnglishLanguage. • Interpersonal Skills: Ability to develop positive interaction withpatients, families, physicians and staff to effectively treat patients. • Essential Mental Abilities: Must be able to assess a patient’spsychosocial situation, recommend treatment plans while inpatient andreferral for outpatient psychology department for continuity of care. • Select appropriate social work interventions, evaluate the patient’sresponse to treatment interventions and engage the patient in treatment. • Essential Sensory Requirements: Ability to visually assess patientsand to utilize sight to implement and evaluate interventions. • Computer literate: MS Office software, Windows system • Team player • Good problem solver and always positive attitude facing challenges
Knowledge: • Inpatient Social Worker experience 职位概述 Summary of Responsibilities: Assess the psychosocial functioning of patients and families. Providecrisis intervention. Coordinate patient discharge planning and identifyhigh risk psychosocial factors of patients/families that might impactdischarge planning and help hospital staff understand the influence ofthose factors upon the course of medical care. Produce trainingactivities for the department on crisis interventions.
部门概述 United Family Hospitals & Clinics is a pioneering, internationalstandard healthcare organization in China, our sole mission is toprovide comprehensive, integrated healthcare services in a uniquely warmand caring patient and family service-oriented environment.