Accepting applications for Research Associate Professor/ResearchAssistant Professor positions in James E. Rothman lab in the ShanghaiInstitute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies (SIAIS) at ShanghaiTechUniversity.
We are recruiting talented senior-level cell biologists, who areinterested in studying fundamental aspects of protein secretion andsorting in mammalian cells. In particular, the candidate will beinvestigating (1) the role of zDHHC palmitoyltransferases in definingmembrane nano-domains in the Golgi complex and how these domains mightbe functionally linked to Golgi-associated Rab-GTPases; (2) how variousmembrane trafficking machineries are spatially organized around thesenano-domains, mainly using proximity-based tagging(called BioID), andmass spectrometry.
1. Ph.D.degree in one of the following majors; Biochemistry, CellBiology, Molecular Biology, Immunology.
2. Minimum of three years of postdoctoral training in prestigious US orEuropean universities/research institutes.
3. Strong publication records in any area of basic cell biology,although applicants with membrane trafficking background will bepreferred.
4. Strong proven skills in fluorescent microscopy (i.e. live imaging) oradvanced protein biochemistry will be given preference.
5. Good communication and writing skill in English.
6. Salary level will be determined, based on qualification and researchexperiences.
Please email a CV and three letters of reference in English, directlysent to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com)