The next generation of medicines. How will you take them even further?
As a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business, AstraZeneca makes a meaningful difference in the world of healthcare on a daily basis. Our skills and resources are focused on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to conduct independent cutting-edge work in state-of-the-art laboratories while teaming with other AstraZeneca scientists. You’ll also be able to collaborate with a leading academic advisor who will provide further support and guidance. Additionally, we’ll encourage you to attend and present at international scientific conferences and publish high-profile papers.
Your major responsibilities
• Defining the molecular drivers of pathogenesis in Acinetobacter baumannii using newer genomic techniques to profile gene essentiality and expression in animal models of infection
• Working collaboratively within the Infection Biology group as well as externally with an aligned academic advisor
• Communicating results both within AstraZeneca and externally at meetings
• Publishing scientific papers describing novel research
• A PhD-level education (or equivalent) in microbiology or a related discipline
• The ability to independently design and execute experiments as well as interpret results
• A strong scientific track record
• A strong passion and commitment to science, and the ability to work well within a team environment
• Experience of bacterial genetics, preferably with Gram-negative organisms
• The ability to employ bioinformatics to analyze and interpret NextGen sequencing data
• Experience of animal models of infection
AstraZeneca – Health Connects Us All
As one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, our business is focused on providing innovative, effective medicines that make a real difference in important areas of healthcare. What’s more, we support and encourage our people in discovering their own potential. Excellent learning and development opportunities will be available to you throughout your career here.
Applications accepted no later than 8th September 2013
AstraZeneca welcomes applications from all sections of the community.