Evolutionary Biology Group of Professor Jacek Radwan and Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, is looking for a Post-Doc in an NCN-funded project investigating forces shaping number of expressed MHC molecules. In particular, the project aims to test, using bank vole as a model species, whether expressing many MHC molecules is associated with the cost of reduced T-cell receptor repertoire. The latter will be assessed using next generation sequencing.
The post-doc will be mostly responsible for bioinformatic analyses of MHC and TCR sequences obtained from NGS.
The candidate should hold PhD degree in biological sciences or computer sciences and should have significant achievements in the area of evolutionary biology, molecular genetics or bioinformatics, published in international scientific journals. Competence in bioinformatics is essential.
The employment is offered for two year, starting ideally at the beginning of 2014, but it is negotiable. Please apply before 30 November 2013. Further information can be obtained from the project leader via email:firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
INSTITUTION: Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Faculty of Biology
POSTED: 29th October 2013
EXPIRES: 09th December 2013
KEY WORDS: bioinformatics, evolutionary genetics
DESCRIPTION (field, expectations, comments):
A candidate for the position should have:
- PhD degree in biological sciences or computer sciences
- significant achievements in the area of evolutionary biology, molecular genetics or bioinformatics, published in international scientific journals
- competence in bioinformatics
- application letter to the Vice-Rector of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
- personal questionnaire and photo
- curriculum vitae
- PhD certificate
- complete list of publications including current impact factor and number of citations
- list of research projects participation
- list of scientific and organizational achievements
- names and e-mail addresses of two scientific workers, who can submit opinion about candidate
- statement that when position is awarded, Adam Mickiewicz University will be the only place of employment
- declaration of consent to the processing the personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the USTAWA z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. U. nr 133, poz. 833 with subsequent changes)
Applications for the position should be sent to: Faculty of Biology AMU, Dean’s Office, Umultowska 89, 61-614 Poznań.